Washington Adjuster License Renewal & CE

Author: Ethan Peyton

This guide contains the costs, continuing education requirements, and links for Washington adjuster license renewal.

This guide is for Washington Residents and Designated Home State license holders. If you are renewing a non-resident license, scroll down to the non-resident section.

Resident Renewal

Continuing Education

CE Requirement | 24 hours

CE Cost | ~$49

How to Renew Your Washington Adjuster License

WA adjuster license renewal is a simple process. Essentially, you’ll just need to complete your CE requirements and submit your renewal application before the expiration date. This guide will walk you through the process step-by-step.

You can find your expiration date using the Washington insurance license lookup tool.

Step 1: Washington Adjuster Continuing Education

The first step to renewing your Washington adjuster license is to complete your continuing education requirements (CE).

The CE requirement for adjusters is: 24 hours, including 3 in ethics. 

There are two ways to meet your continuing education requirements:

Take an Online CE Course

Online continuing education courses are the most common method to fill complete your CE. 

These are self-paced, video/text courses that fill your entire credit hour requirement. It’s the most simple and quick way to get the education you need. It’s also the most price-effective method.


Check out our recommended CE course – $49.

Take a Class at an Adjuster Event

It is less common to fill your entire continuing education requirement at live events.

Adjuster conferences, conventions, and other events often offer CE hours for attending classes at the event. 

The downside is that these classes generally only offer 1-4 credit hours each. It’s better to see these classes as more targeted training, rather than a reliable CE path.

Check out our Adjuster Events page to find events near you.

When to Take Continuing Education Courses

You can take continuing education courses any time during your two year license term. 

The Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner recommends you finish your CE hours 14 or more days before your expiration date. This allows time for the course provider to submit proof of completion and for the state’s system to update. 


Continuing education is easy to complete, but it’s also easy to forget. Don’t put it off until the last minute – late renewals are expensive!

Step 2: Washington Adjuster License Renewal Application

Once you’ve completed your CE, you can submit your renewal application during the renewal window.

OIC will send you a renewal notice when the renewal window opens – 90 days before the expiration date.

If you’ve changed your mailing or email address since your last renewal, be sure to update your information in OIC Online Services so you don’t miss any correspondence from the state.

Submit your renewal using OIC.

The adjuster license renewal fee is: $50

Washington Non-Resident Adjuster License Renewal

Non-Resident Renewal

Continuing Education

CE | Follow your home state

Renewing your non-resident Washington adjuster license is simple. The process includes keeping your home state license in good standing, and applying for renewal before the expiration date.

Keeping your home state license in good standing essentially means keeping up with your continuing education and renewing on time.

If that’s in order, all you have to do is submit your Washington non-resident adjuster license renewal.

Submit your renewal using OIC Online Services.

The non-resident adjuster license renewal fee is: $50

License expiration dates from home states and non-resident states don’t often line up, so tracking all of your license data in a spreadsheet or calendar is a wise move.


If your home state or designated home state doesn’t have a continuing education requirement (AZ, CT, HI, ME, MI, NY, RI, SC, VT), you still need to complete CE to sustain your non-resident licenses.

The generally accepted solution to this issue is:

  1. Pick a state where you have a non-resident license, we’ll call this your “CE State
  2. Ensure your CE state has a sufficient CE requirement (24 hours)
  3. Complete continuing education for your CE state

Texas is the most common choice for CE State.

Washington Adjuster License Late Renewal and Reinstatement

If you’ve let your license expire, depending on the length of time past the expiration date, there are options to submit a late renewal or reinstate your license

  • Late Renewal: From 1 day to 60 days after the expiration date, you can file a late renewal. The fee for late renewal is $75 from day 1-30, or $100 from day 31-60.
  • Reinstatement: Between 61 days and 1 year after the expiration date, you can reinstate your license. The fee for reinstatement is $150.

As with the standard renewal, you must complete your CE requirements before late renewal or reinstatement.

If your license is more than 1 year past the expiration date, you’ll need to apply for a new license. You can find those instructions on our Washington Adjuster License guide.

Washington Adjuster License Renewal & CE FAQ

How much does it cost to renew an Washington adjuster license?

For residents, the cost to renew an Washington adjuster license is around $99. This includes the CE course and renewal fee.
For non-residents, the cost to renew an Washington adjuster license is around $50.

What are the continuing education requirements for the Washington adjuster license?

The CE requirement for the Washington adjuster license is: 24 hours, including 3 in ethics. 

How do I check my CE credits in Washington?

You can use the Washington OIC License Services to find your transcript of CE credit hours in Washington.

What happens if I let my adjuster license expire in Washington?

If your Washington adjuster license expires, you may be able to submit a late renewal or reinstate your license.
The amount of time past your expiration date will determine your options. Find further details on our Washington Adjuster License Renewal guide.